Planning on taking your photography business to the next level? Read this article and discover the 5 things you need to do right now to successfully develop your photography business!
If you are a professional or you want to be, your have probably concluded that the business side of photography is like any other business. It all comes down to hard work, dedication, and promotion.
We are going to share with you some of the things you need to do right now if you want to grow your photography business!
- Have Your Own Zip Code – You will be surprised how important is to own your own zip code. It doesn’t matter where you live, what matter is to be the photographer that everyone knows and talks about in the area. It is achievable, even in large cities. Do it now. If you are like most of the people who spend money and time on basic entertainment and services in your local area, ensure all of these places know you are a professional photographer.
- Show Exactly What You Want to Sell – It is important to show exactly what you want to sell. If you want to sell animal portraits then have lots of animal pictures in your portfolio. Once you do that, don’t stop here. Make sure to display the pictures in your studio as well. The clients will buy what you show them to buy. If you are not selling the products you want it means that you are not showing them.
- Network like Crazy – The best way to grow your business is networking. Every day you will meet new people who don’t know you or who aren’t familiar with your work. This is an opportunity to show off your products and your clients will have an opportunity to see what is so special about you. When people around you discover how great you are, new clients will come directly to your door.
- Avoid Time Stealers – One of the biggest mistakes you could possibly do is wasting your time. Remember to not spend time or doing things that don’t do well.
- Charge More – You need to learn how to charge more as charging less is the worst thing you can possibly do. The photographers who charge more get the best opportunities for their businesses.
We hope you will give these ideas a try!
— Ella Smith (@sella7193) 1 de junio de 2017